- Are your dogs health tested?
We take them in at 3 days for their first health check and to get their tails docked and dewclaws removed. Then they go back again for their first shots and de-wormed and health check at 6-7 weeks old.
- At what age do your Aussie babies leave for home?
After 7 weeks if they stay in Virginia and 8 weeks if they are leaving the state.
- How many litters do you usually have per year?
We plan on having one litter per year for each of our girls (we have 2).
- How long does it usually take until someone can come to your home to pick out a puppy?
They can come after the first week, but normally around 4 weeks old.
- How much in advance should I make a deposit on a puppy?
All puppies are first come basis, once you place a deposit the puppy is held in your name.
- Can your puppies, with proper training and patience of course, learn to walk off leash (for walks)?
Yes, our dogs are very obedient.
- It is very important to me that my dog is very affectionate and cuddly and likes to listen if properly trained. Have you heard of any connection between the coat color and the dog´s personality?
No; color has no impact, Miniature Australian Shepherds are very loyal and you cannot give them too much attention.
- Do your puppies usually like to cuddle?
Yes, for a little while after they are worn out from playing. They will cuddle more as they get older, pups love to play.
- How many breeding parents do you currently have?
We have Lacey and Molly, they are littermates and were born April 2009. We also have Bandit future dad of Lacey and Molly’s pups.
- Would you, generally speaking, find any other-than-obvious differences between male and female Aussies?
Studies say the male is more apt to want to be right by your side all the time, females are a little more independent.
- How big and heavy do you dogs usually get (minis)?
14 –18 inches high and 20 - 30 Lbs. A little longer than they are tall.
- How much do your Aussies shed?
It depends, Lacey hardly sheds at all but Molly will shed a little in the spring and summer.
- Are your dogs fine with kids (future plans)?
Miniature Australian Shepherds are rated as one of the best dogs for kids.
- We will probably live in an apartment (with a big park and pool right outside the door; I love to go for bike rides and long walks) at first - would an Aussie be fine with that?
Miniature Australian Shepherds love to be active, but they also are good with being crate trained and feel secure in their crate. They do need to exercise for at least an hour every day.
- How much do your puppies cost?
Our puppies range anywhere from $700 - $400 depending on their markings and gender.
- Would you happen to know how mini Aussies are different from normal-sized Aussies?
Miniature Australian Shepherds get 14 –18 inches high and 20 - 30 Lbs. Regular Aussies get up to 60 Lbs and over 24 inches tall.